COVID GUIDANCE: RALPH CONNOR MEMORIAL UNITED CHURCH- adopted October 2022
The Province of Alberta lifted all remaining mandatory public health restrictions related to COVID-19
on June 14, 2022. In order to optimize the safety of ourselves and others, as COVID-19 continues to
be present in our communities, and as cold and flu season approaches,
Our only requirement is respectful interaction between those who have greater or lesser comfort with
masking and social distancing. Different people will have different comfort levels, especially as we
continue to become reaccustomed to public gatherings and interactions.
• Staying home if you feel generally unwell, especially if you are experiencing COVID symptoms
(fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, runny nose or sore throat)
• Coughing/sneezing into one’s elbow/sleeve to minimize droplet spread
• Frequent handwashing and/or hand sanitizing.
o There are hand-washing sinks upstairs and on the main floor, and hand sanitizer will
generally be available.
• Vaccination. We continue to be strongly supportive of vaccination as important tool for public
WE REQUEST THAT EVENT ORGANIZERS:
• Have masks and sanitizer available and visible
• Be aware of anyone in their group that is coughing or sneezing, and do spot-cleaning as
needed at the end of the gathering. The Church will continue to have spray bottles of
appropriate surface-cleaners available.
• Reduce, whenever practical, the size of gatherings, and increase ventilation if needed (opening
windows in the hall, opening doors in the sanctuary, using the box fan to “change the air” at the
end of a gathering)
• Continue to use Zoom or other online platforms when practical, as a replacement for or in
concert with in-person gatherings.
Some groups and individuals using the Church may decide to have additional, agreed-upon health
practices expected within their gatherings. We are not averse to such additional measures, but it will
be solely their responsibility, and not the Church’s, to communicate and enforce these expectations.
For a PDF version, click here.