Fighting Climate Change – Take Heart, and Take Action!
a panel presentation and conversation
October 1, 2019 – 7- 9 pm
Canmore Civic Centre Council Chambers
You are invited to attend this public forum on October 1, 2019. You will hear from a very diverse list of speakers, and have a chance to ask questions.
Panelists will address the questions:
· Given your area of expertise – Why is climate action essential?
· What have you seen that helps you “take heart?”
· What advice do you have for audience members when it comes to action?
This will be a free event, although we will gratefully accept donations to help support expenses associated with this event and with our ongoing work. The event is organized by Bow Valley Climate Action.
– The Very Rev. Bill Phipps, retired Minister and former moderator of the United Church of Canada
– John Borrowman, Mayor of Canmore
– Paulette Fox, Blood Tribe member and environmental scientist
– Jodi Hilty, President and Chief Scientist, Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative
– Sara Renner , former Olympic cross country skier; owner, Paintbox Lodge
– Bob Sanford, Chair in Water and Climate Security, United Nations University
– Ed Whittingham, Energy Policy Expert