RALPH CONNOR MEMORIAL UNITED CHURCH’S MISSION AS A CHURCH COMMUNITY IS:
- to nurture the spiritual exploration and growth of all our members and adherents;
- to be an intentionally inviting Christian community that seeks, welcomes and embraces new members;
- to reach out and become an agent for social justice in our neighbourhood and in the global community.
Located on Canmore’s Main Street, just west of the NWMP Barracks, Ralph Connor Memorial United Church hosts:
Sunday services at 10:00 AM.
“Evensong” contemplative service at 7:15 PM on Wednesdays.
All are welcome to join us in the “Little AFFIRMING Church on Main Street”!
Evensong runs from mid-September to mid-June
ABOUT THE UNITED CHURCH OF CANADA
The United Church of Canada is a progressive Christian denomination, formed in 1925 by a merger of:
- all Methodist congregations in Canada;
- all Congregationalist congregations in Canada;
- two-thirds of the Presbyterian congregations in Canada;
- “local Union” congregations;
- First Nation Mission congregations;
- numerous outreach ministries (e.g., prairie missions to Eastern European settlers).
Since 1925, a number of discussions have been held regarding further unions, and in 1968 the Evangelical United Brethren joined the United Church of Canada. The United Church remains the largest protestant denomination in Canada.
We are actively involved with international Mission partners, responding to their requests for resources and support as they engage their local contexts with the Christian message of love and justice.
Over the years our denomination has published a number of resources to help us voice our beliefs. Two writings you may find helpful are our Creed (1968, revised) and A Song of Faith (2006).
The United Church of Canada’s website is also a good reference point.